Sep 132005
 

Mom just called, nearly in tears. Grandma has been in a hospice in Florida for a couple weeks now, and I guess they called my mom today to say she wasn’t going to last more than a couple more days. Mom’s making arrangements to fly down there on Thursday. I’m not sure what I should do. I should go to be there for my mom, if not my grandma, who I’ve been distant from for awhile now because of the way she’d been treating my mom. She is my last remaining grandparent, and we used to be close, so I’m having some conflicting feelings about the whole thing.

We’d probably have to cancel our trip to San Francisco on the 23rd because that was going to use up all but one of my saved vacation/sick days. I just don’t know what to do, so I’m waiting to see how Mom’s plans finalize.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: