1. My username is ____ because ____.
2. My journal is titled ____ because ____.
3. My subtitle is ____ because ____.
4. My friends page is called ____ because ____.
5. My default userpic is ____ because ____.
1. Nerdimus Prime because my friend Jim liked to call his friends by silly nicknames taken from the 80s cartoon shows we used to watch, and twisted a bit. It wasn’t anything deliberate, just one of those inside jokes that develop between friends. Besides, I like this better than the other one he used to call me: Ryan-O (as in Lion-O from the Thundercats).
2. I called my journal Vita Absque Deus (“Life Without Gods”) because, at the time I created the LJ, I was in the throes of my newfound atheism and utter rejection of all things religious. I’m not as in-your-face about it as I used to be, but I still despise the negative influences religion has over culture and, especially, politics. I still have a soft spot for Wicca (having been a Wiccan), despite not believing in gods, because it’s one of the most tolerant belief systems I’ve ever encountered. Buddhism as well.
3. I never came up with a subtitle I liked, so never bothered.
4. see #3
5. My default pic is one that Aaron took of me on our sailboat dinner cruise in Toronto a couple years ago. I’m not very ugly, but I don’t photograph well, and this was a rare pic of me that I was happy with.